Pages

Monday 1 November 2010

Lanvin 4 H&M.

“H&M approached us to collaborate, and see if we could translate the dream we created at Lanvin to a wider audience, not just a dress for less. I have said in the past that I would never do a mass-market collection, but what intrigued me was the idea of H&M going luxury rather than Lanvin going public. This has been an exceptional exercise, where two companies at opposite poles can work together because we share the same philosophy of bringing joy and beauty to men and women around the world.” Alber Elbaz, artistic director of Lanvin.






"It was an exercise for me to understand what is the relationship between high fashion and fast fashion. Ninety five per cent of women cannot afford [Lanvin], so let them have a taste," says Elbaz. "It's like if I was living in a palace and opened some doors and said, 'Have tea with me, taste the food.' It's not about giving away something that belonged to someone else; it's about sharing."  (Vogue.com)


Out 23rd November in 200 stores worldwide.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note here...x