Pages

Saturday 3 May 2014

Wedding Beauty: Dry Skin

I have always had extremely dry skin, which is not something you want to worry about on your wedding day. For a long time now, I have been seeking a remedy for keratosis pilaris (red bumps on the top of your arms) and have tried a lot of different products. 

Three great products I have recently tried include…


Kiehl's Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub (comes in Lavender and Grapefruit)

This exfoliating scrub has a great texture and really does get rid of dry skin, removing nasty bumps and smoothing the surface. With water, the scrub quickly forms a lather and you don't need to use much for a noticeable result. I am using the lavender scrub and it smells fresh and uplifting - perfect for a morning shower. 




This is an intensely moisturising body butter that smells divine, from their new Vinosource range. I am a huge fan of  Caudalie products and use their Divine Oil regularly (another great product to combat dry skin). This hydrates and smooths the skin and works best straight after showering to lock in the moisture. 



This is an unusual choice of moisturiser and I decided to try it having read it as a suggested treatment for KP on a beauty blog. Available at Waitrose, this coconut oil is something I originally used in the kitchen but decided to try it one day as a moisturiser after showering. The results are instant and it smells delicious!

My search still continues for a remedy, but these products are certainly improving the condition of my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note here...x