Pages

Tuesday 4 May 2010

NIKITA.


The other day I sat down to watch Nikita (my interest in the 'femme fatale' as a potential dissertation topic in the back of my mind). I went on to watch what I didn't expect. 


Nikita is a raw, to-the-point and heavy insight into the life of a 17-year-old girl, Nikita, who starts life on the wrong foot and is encouraged to be a private detective killer after a serious run in with the law. The film documents her struggle through training and her development from mannish tigress to beautiful seductress, in a makeover you'd never think possible. The film drags you through horror, emotion and surprise and leaves you dangling. The retro quality of both the cinematic technique and styling are appealing and just 'work'. Definitely one to watch.



Source: google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note here...x